The Governor announced the November election will be held by vote by mail. Below is information to help with the vote by mail process:
- A new online voter registration system will be up and running by September 4. To register online, visit this State of New Jersey enrollment page. Be advised, October 13th is the last day to register to be eligible to vote in November. Residents can also call the Borough Hall at 856-456-0030, ext. 113 to ask that a paper voter registration form be sent to them.
- All active registered voters will receive a vote by mail ballot during the week of October 5th. There will be no sample ballots mailed to homes. Individuals can verify their eligibility to vote by visiting this web site.
- Ballots can be returned 1 of 3 ways:
- via US Postal Service (ballots must be postmarked November 3rd)
- after completed, residents can deliver their ballot to the Board of Elections located at 550 Grove Road in West Deptford. There are a total of 13 ballot drop off centers within Gloucester County. Visit this page for a detailed list.
- on the day of Elections residents can hand-deliver their completed ballot to the polling location at the Community Center (1035 Broadway) and place the ballot in a Blue ballot box that is provided by the County and will be delivered to the Board of Elections when the polls close.
- there will be only one voting machine at the Community Center which is designated only for individuals with disabilities. (Individuals needing to use the voting machine will be required to sign a sworn statement declaring that they are disabled.)
- registered voters who did not receive a vote by mail ballot, may complete a Provisional Ballot on Election Day at the Community Center. This ballot will be placed in an orange ballot box that will be delivered to the Board of Elections as soon as the polls close.
Any questions about voting in November, call Kate Carroll, Deputy Clerk at 856-456-0030, ext. 113.
Important Links: (click on the words)