Starting January 2021, the Borough will post both the Crime Statistics as well as Code Enforcement Violations.
January Crime Stats for the Westville Police Department:
- 1 person was arrested for Possession of CDS and Possession with Intent to Distribute CDS as a result of a motor vehicle stop on Route 295.
- 5 people were arrested for having active warrants for their arrests.
- 1 person was arrested for Simple Assault.
- 1 person was arrested for Leaving the Scene of an Accident Involving Serious Bodily Injury.
- Officers responded to a theft complaint on Spruce Street involving medication.
- Officers responded to the 1000 block of Broadway for a theft of a phone and knife.
- Officers responded to the unit block of Walnut Street for a theft of hockey cards.
- Officers responded to Ryan Avenue for theft of phones and tools.
- Officers responded to the 800 block of Delsea Drive for theft of car part.
- Officers responded to the 200 block of Delsea Drive for a bicycle theft.
- Officers responded to the 700 block of Almonesson Road for a bicycle theft.
- Officers responded to 1000 Broadway for a burglary and discovered it was cleaning service on location.
- Total calls for service for January 2021 are 1777.
CODE ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES FOR JANUARY 2021
January 4, 2021
- Walnut Street – vehicle in the street unregistered and uninsured. Spoke with the owner. She was advised to remove the vehicle from the roadway and if placed in the driveway it needed to be covered.
January 5, 2021
- Delsea Drive & Parkview Drive – one vehicle unregistered and the second from out of town. The police department located the owners and advised that there is no parking on that side of the street. Public works also posted an additional sign indicating no parking.
- High Street & Locust Avenue – trailer with metal on the street, non-registered. Located the owner and advised to be removed by 1300 hours.
- West Olive Street – vehicle blocking a fire hydrant, resident/owner removed the vehicle.
- Parkview Drive – report of vehicles parked close to the intersection of Parkview Circle. Contacted Public Work’s Supervisor who will be painting the curbs yellow. We also prepared flyers and distributed them to the area residents making them aware of the parking situation.
- River Drive – Dodge pick-up trucks, 2nd notice regarding unregistered vehicles.
- Walnut Street – Jeep Liberty in the roadway. Spoke with the owner who will be moving the vehicle or selling the vehicle in the coming days. The police department also received a call for service and was informed of our investigation.
January 6, 2021
- Delsea Drive & Parkview Drive – in conjunction with the police department, both vehicles were removed from the No Parking side of the street and the owner spoken to by police officer.
- Harvard Avenue – delivered construction permits to ownership regarding the fuel tank. Reported to DEP. However, DEP stated that since it is above the ground it can be handled at the local level.
- High Street & Locust Avenue – trailer removed from the roadway and placed in the owner’s driveway on Locust Avenue.
- Parkview Drive – meet with Public Work’s Supervisor to discuss the painting of the curbing at Parkview Circle and cleaning of storm sewer grates. We also agreed to erect another No Stopping or Standing sign on Delsea Drive closer to Parkview Drive due to ongoing issue of vehicle parking in the area.
- Ryan Avenue – confirm present tenants of the I 295 Industrial Park and conferred with borough offices regarding business registration.
January 13, 2021
- Almonesson Road – vehicle parked on the front vegetation. Knocked on the front door received no response, will send a letter to owner.
- Almonesson Road & Hunter Avenue – vehicle parked in the stripped yellow zone. Temporary registration on window with no ownership. Monitor the area and attempt to speak with the owner.
- Delsea Drive – Volkswagen parked on vegetation on the front lawn, unable to locate ownership. Will send he letter to the property owner.
- Edgewater Avenue – resident parked on the curb, 2nd Letter to be sent after speaking with her previously
- Edgewater Avenue – addressed trailer on the street in front of the residence.
- Edgewater Avenue – addressed weeds and debris in yard.
- Klinger Avenue – vehicles parked on vegetation, previous violator, will send second notice of offense.
January 16, 2021
- Broadway – tractor being parked in driveway not belonging to them.
- Edgewater Avenue vehicles parked on vegetation, Will speak with the owner regarding possible zoning as no apron for driveway.
- East Olive Street–unregistered vehicle on the roadway. Police will be handling.
- Maple Avenue & Poplar Avenue – vehicle parked in yellow zone, New York tags. Letter left on the vehicle.
January 19, 2021
- Broadway – vehicle unregistered in the driveway; 2nd letter of notice sent.
- Broadway – trash accumulated in the front of the residence. Letter sent to the owner informing of the ordinance.
- Broadway & Center Street – check validity on vehicle registration
- Center Street & Edgewater Avenue – check vehicle registration
- Delsea Drive – blue Mitsubishi parked on the rear vegetation. Advised of the process on how to obtain a variance.
- Delsea Drive – vehicle parked in the yellow zone, owner located and advised.
- Delsea Drive – vehicle parked on vegetation, unregistered vehicle in the driveway, trash and debris throughout the property. Letter sent to the property owner.
- Highland Avenue – unregistered vehicles parked in the driveway; letter sent.
- New Street – unregistered vehicle in front of the residence and a portable basketball rim in the street.
- New Street – addressed vehicle in the driveway, 2nd offense, will send a final letter.
- Spruce Street – unspecific issue will contact the police department to locate the owner
January 20, 2021
- Broadway – unregistered vehicles behind the residence and trash cans visible from the street. Letter of violations sent.
- Crown Point Road – vehicles parked on the municipal lot from the ownership of local car sales lot.
- Gateway Boulevard – vehicle parked on the vegetation. Spoke with the owner and advised of the ordinance.
- Removed yard signs from right of way areas throughout the Borough
January 25, 2021
- Highland Avenue – High weeds and debris, spoke with DPW and homeowner, weeds and trash to be removed.
- Summit Avenue – report of debris in the rear yard, landlord contacted. Spoke with the landlord who informed me he recently had trees removed and the yard is a mess. A fence is to be installed and will clean the yard.
January 26, 2021
- Broadway – spoke with the landlord regarding the vehicles in the rear of the property and trash receptacles in the front. Advised her of the ordinances and it was her responsibility to monitor the property as she is responsible for its upkeep.
- Station Avenue – Honda on the street, fictitious plates and damage to the vehicle. Contacted the police department to investigate the vehicle.
January 27, 2021
- Broadway – addressed change of maintenance person at complex.
- Duncan Avenue – sump pump onto saturated front lawn and across the sidewalk. Borough notified.
- Duncan Avenue – off street parking and debris on the lawn. Letter to be mailed
- Locust Avenue – review environmental report regarding the property
January 28, 2021
- Locust Avenue – met with the property owner and restoration company regarding mold spores in the residence and remediation. They will be completing an assessment of the structure.