Public Works Department – LABORER
Posting Date: March 26, 2018
The Public Works Department has an immediate job opening for a Laborer position.
Experience is preferred, but not necessary. Incumbent will be required to perform all labor work in the Highway Division. A valid New Jersey Commercial Driver’s License with the necessary endorsements is essential and must be obtained within six months of hire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work rear of trash units collecting trash and/or large articles. Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work on recycling and dump truck collecting recyclable material
- Cut grass (seasonal)
- Fill pot holes and repair streets
- Dig ditches for water and sewer repairs
- Clean and maintain Public Works Department equipment
- Install street signs
- Collect leaves (seasonal)
- Plow snow (seasonal)
- Repair and install playground equipment
- Carry telephone when functioning as “Operator on Duty”
- Remove debris from borough pond as necessary
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Superintendent and/or Assistant Supervisor.
Interested candidates should complete the employment application and send it to the following address by April 6, 2018:
Borough of Westville
Westville, NJ 08093
ATTN: Deputy Clerk
Questions about this position can be directed to Superintendent Domico at 856- 456-7785
Police Department – SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
There are currently openings for School Crossing Guards. Responsibilities include the monitoring and assistance of children at various School Crossing posts in the Borough of Westville. Part Time Hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Salary is $9.86 per hour ($19.72 per day). Interested individuals must pass a background check and complete an employment application. The completed application should be submitted to the Borough Offices at 165 Broadway.