The office of vital statistics.
The Office of Vital Statistics contains all vital records (births, deaths and marriages) that have occurred within the Borough of Westville dating back to 1915.
Certified copies of birth, death and marriage, domestic partners and civil unions certificates that have occurred within the Borough of Westville are available at the Westville Borough Registrar’s Office in the Municipal Building located at 165 Broadway for a fee of $10.00 per copy.
All records are filed by year. When requesting a certified copy by mail, please include the date of the event and the persons name (when requesting a marriage license please provide grooms last name, also include copy of ID and relationship) along with a check made payable to Westville Borough.
If you are unsure of the year or place in New Jersey where the event took place, you can contact the State Registrars Office in Trenton, where all records for the State of New Jersey are filed by date and by name. They can be reached at 609-292-4087.
If you are applying for a marriage license, civil union or domestic partnership, please take note of the following information:
1. You need to apply in the Municipality where either party resides:
2. Please bring the following with you when applying for your marriage license:
- A copy of your birth certificate, drivers license, passport or state I.D.
- Proof of your residency.
- Your social security card or social security number as per NJSA 37:1-17. (Your social security number is not subject to Right to Know laws and will be kept confidential.)
- A witness (18 years or older) who knows both the male and female applicants.
- A $28.00 fee.
- If any of the above mentioned documents are in a foreign language they must be accompanied by an English translation.
Phone: 856-456-0030, extension 114
There is a 72-hour waiting period between the filing of the application and the issuance of the license. This 72-hour waiting period begins at the time the application is filed with the Local Registrar.
Forms can be downloaded on the State of New Jersey Department of Health website by clicking here.